Creating the Right Custom Home Design Solution for your Needs
With Latitude 37 there is no need to compromise on your dream. We work with you to create a custom design solution to suit your site, your lifestyle and budget. Whether you start with one of our Pre-Designs, draw inspiration from our Portfolio, or create a bespoke custom solution, our focus is on creating the right solution for your needs, without compromise.
You’ll enjoy the collaborative effort with our award-winning design team to create a custom home solution that is truly bespoke to you. This means that our custom design process integrates your very specific ideas as we work collaboratively with you to design and build your stylish, functional, energy-efficient and livable luxury home to meet your lifestyle needs. Just the way you want it.
The Latitude 37 Collaborative Custom Design Process
You’ll enjoy working with our in-house design team as they create a custom home solution to suit your site, style and budget. Our award-winning design team are passionate about helping each client realise the perfect home for their site and lifestyle needs.
How long will the design process take?
The design process from project brief through to concept design depends on a number of factors including the size and complexity of your project, and the timing of decisions made by you. Generally, we expect to achieve the following time frames*:
- Concept design and pricing proposal - 6 to 9 weeks
- Design Documentation - 4 to 6 months
*Note, the above timelines do not include town planning which is required for some projects.
We will review and fine tune your home design until you are completely satisfied and to make certain all of your specifications are included before preparing an all-inclusive, upfront pricing proposal.
Want to know more about our Design and Construction Process?
Our Four-Step Design Process:
- Concept Design: Initial meeting, site inspection, site survey. Followed by a Design Brief Meeting from which a design concept is developed and then a Design Presentation for client review. The design is then amended and finalised, followed by the New Home Proposal (NHP).
- Design Development: Funding approval and site information obtained, façade and elevations developed and presented. Floor plan, façade and elevations finalised.
- Final Design and Documentation: Interior Design Consultation (IDC), Town Planning/Developer Approval plans completed. Followed by the electrical consultation. Client initiates demolition process. Working drawings are prepared. Contracts are prepared and signed.
- Estimating and Permits: Demolition completed and post-demolition soil test undertaken (if applicable). Engineering finalised, Warranty insurance, Building Permit and Service Authority Approvals obtained. Construction documentation prepared and issued.
Comprehensive, All Inclusive End-to-End Construction Process
Included in your custom home proposal is a fully comprehensive, end-to-end service; from initial site assessment, guidance and advice on the demolition of any old structures (if a Knockdown Rebuild Project), right through to approvals, service authority negotiations, and construction delivery. Our construction process also includes:
- Meeting various Council requirements including building setbacks and planning overlays
- Coordination of all planning and building permits and service authority approvals
- Protection of existing vegetation, trees, and neighbouring properties
- Frontage and depth
- Adequate drainage
- Driveway position
- Orientation and natural light
- Setbacks and easements
- Street access and traffic control
- Power supply and other utilities
Also included are all Town Planning requirements - completed in-house by our own dedicated Town Planner who will take care of all project requirements with local Councils.
Why Choose Us for your Custom Designed Home?
In-house Design Team: Our in-house design team overseen by our design manager, peer review each design to ensure it is the best possible design solution for your budget, site and needs.
Bespoke Design: Every Latitude 37 home is an original. Whether a bespoke, custom design a pre-designed floor plan or a combination of both, we'll work with you to define the level of fit out and finish to meet your style and budget.
Sloping Site Specialists: We use practical design solutions to ensure the slope of your site adds to the practicality and aesthetic beauty of your home without excessive costs. Read more about building split-level homes on sloping blocks.
Boutique Size: Limited site starts and investment in systems and resources ensures that we deliver the highest quality service at every step of the process from sale to design, construction and warranty period.
Upfront, All-inclusive Pricing Proposals: Full transparency means we provide an all-inclusive pricing proposal up-front so you can make informed decisions without any hidden or surprise costs down the track.
Consistently Award Winning Home Designs
Latitude 37 has consistently won numerous awards for our custom home designs from peak housing industry bodies such as the Housing Industry Association of Australia (HIA) and Master Builders Association of Victoria (MBAV). These industry awards are judged on design, construction quality and client service.
Our most recent awards include:
- 2015: HIA Australian Professional Medium Builder winner (most professional medium sized builder in Australia).
- 2014: HIA Victorian Professional Medium Builder winner
- 2015: HIA Victoria Custom Built Home $1 Million - $2 Million
- 2015: HIA Eastern Victoria Custom Built Home $700,000-$1 Million