With the Premier’s recent announcment of easing restrictions, and progressing to Step 3 in the road map to COVID normal, we are pleased to announce that our Display Homes will open to the public without the need for an appointment.
Under the updated Workplace Directions, display homes have been returned to the category of retail facilities, and are no longer included as real estate premises.
As a result, we will adhere to the 4m2 per person rule. This means we can now accommodate up to:
Horizon Display: 110 patrons
Beaumaris Display: 80 patrons
Rutland Show Home: 70 patrons
at any one time, illustrating we have more than enough room for everyone to remain COVID safe.
It is rare to see more than 20 people in our display homes at any one time, so on that basis we will open our Display Homes to the public to what we would consider pre-covid normal capacity.
We will adhere to CHO measures and practise social distancing, fitted mask wearing, hand sanitiser will be available upon entry and exit, and upon arrival we will record your details to support contact tracing if required.
28/09/2020 With the Premier’s recent announcment of easing restrictions, we are happy to announce that our display homes will reopen by appointment only.
We will adhere to CHO measures including limiting inspections to 15minutes, with a limit of 2 adults from the same household nd a child under the age of 18 years, social distancing, mask wearing and touch free hand sanitiser will be available upon entry and exit. We look forward to welcoming your to our displays.
The 5km rule does not apply when attending an appointment at a builders display home.
According to the DHHS, you can leave your home for a maximum of two hours to attend the appointment.
More Information on this can be found on the MBAV website here.
You can book your appointment below.
06/08/2020 Recent announcements by Premier Daniel Andrews see’s the unprecedented introduction of Stage 4 restrictions to Metropolitan Melbourne.
What does this mean for current clients of Latitude 37?
1. Importantly, all residential building work can continue.
2. There will be a limit of 5 people onsite at any one time including our Site Managers (who all have Permitted Worker Permits) and will do so under the COVID Safe Plan required by the Victorian Government. Detailed planning and scheduling will continue to be critical in ensuring there is little to no delay to the construction for your home.
3. Business of manufacturing building supplies to support construction can continue to operate, meaning we continue to be able to access materials required for construction.
4. As Latitude 37 office staff had already implemented for Stage 3, we will continue to work from home during Stage 4 restrictions and are available to discuss any questions or concerns you may have via phone or video conferencing.
5. Auxiliary services to designing and building our custom homes, such as building inspections, are still permitted during Stage 4 restrictions.
What does this mean for prospective clients looking to engage Latitude 37?
1. Our Custom Home Consultants will continue to engage with prospective clients as they have done in Stage 3 restrictions, with the exception of engaging in person at our Display Homes.
2. We are no longer able to accommodate in-person discovery sessions or meetings at our Display Homes during Stage 4 restrictions.
3. Our consultants will continue with remote engagement and will conduct meetings over Zoom video conference software, to ensure the process is seamless as possible, and to maintain our discovery session experience.
4. Auxiliary services to designing and building our custom homes, such as surveying, building inspections, etc. are still permitted during Stage 4 restrictions.
Engagement with our Design & Interior Design teams will also continue with the use of Zoom to once again ensure the design experience is as seamless as possible.
We, like all industries, do still have some practical questions which require answers and our industry bodies (HIA & MBAV) will provide these once received from Government Officials. We will be sure to communicate these as soon as the information comes to hand.
08/07/20 In light of recent announcements by Premier Daniel Andrews, we will see the return of Stage 3 restrictions to Metropolitan Melbourne.
The following has been confirmed by the Master Builders Association of Victoria.
1. Building and construction is still classified as an essential service so our industry will continue working.
2. You are permitted to leave your home to meet with builders and consultants.
3. You are permitted to attend a display home by appointment, whilst maintaining appropriate social distancing. You can book a private your via our Display Home page here.
11/05/2020 With Premier Daniel Andrews’ recent announcment of easing restrictions, our Beaumaris Display Home will reopen from this Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th of May – 11am to 5pm – allowing up to 10 visitors into the display at any one time.
Our Horizon Display Home in Balwyn North will reopen on Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th May – 11am to 5pm.
06/04/2020 Its encouraging to see a reduction in confirmed cases over the last few days, whilst we arent out of the woods yet, it means there are no plans for further restructions that could affect the building & construction industry. We continue to take enquiries on building your custom designed home, we continue to design custom homes, and we are pushing on with construction.
30/03/2020 Stage 3 Restrictions have not affected the running of our business – its business as usual; designing and building custom homes.
Despite recent announcements by Premier Daniel Andrews, the building and construction industry still remains an essential service. We are taking the impact of the COVID-19 crisis very seriously, and we do remain open for business with some adjustments to the way we operate.
Our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our clients, staff, trades and suppliers.
Display Homes & Sales
Our Display Homes will no longer be open to the public, in light of the Prime Ministers announcement on Tuesday evening, stating that all open house inspections cannot continue. However, you can now view our display homes through a virtual display tour, which can be accessed here.
For a more in depth discussion with one of our consultants and a private viewing of the display homes, you can book a discovery session here.
From Monday 30th March, our office will be closed and our office staff will be working from home. The nature of our work and the technology we employ means that transition to work from home arrangements is seamless.
Our Design Team are currently conducting any any related meetings via video conference technology.
Our PM team will continue to progress as normal, and will conduct any related meetings via video conference technology.
Work continues to proceed as normal. Our Construction team have been advised conduct all of their work onsite, whilst maintaining strict social distancing and hygiene practices. We have been proactively in conversations with our trusted partners, trades & suppliers for the last few weeks to identify and deal with any supply issues into the future.
As yet, there has been very little impact with all materials and products generally available as normal.
We are in unprecidented times, and the advice by the Federal and State governments is changing by the day, we will endeavour to keep you updated as frequently as possible, but take comfort knowing we are doing everything possible to continue business as usual.
Should you have any questions, please contact a member of the team and they will assist.
Nick Warren, CEO.
Lets get to know each other and discuss your vision to design and build a custom home. This obligation free catchup is a chance for us to understand what we could create for you.
Please fill in your details below and we will be in touch shortly to confirm a time for your obligation free discovery session.